Page Buttons

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Party Time!

It's Needle and Thread Thursday time!  I've been working on a brand new quilt for the past couple of days, and I am in love with the way the colors glow against the Kona Coal background.  I designed this one to look like funky hanging doorway beads, and I'm calling it Boho Beads.  For those who are wondering, I will be releasing this pattern!


Because I just can't help myself, take a look at this close up of the yummy fabrics in this quilt.  It's so hard to resist a stack of rainbow goodness.


Before I can proceed any further, a trip to the store is in order for more starch (hence the lack of pressing in the picture), but I can't wait to get this one quilted!

Without further ado, it's time to check out the inspiring projects from last week's party (and there were plenty!).  Celine at Espritpatch linked up this scrappy beauty.


Lori at Crossquilt showed off this pretty Stacked Squares quilt.  Love those colors!


and Diana at Red Delicious Life shared a cathedral window bed runner in a really unique color palette.


Okay friends!  It's time to share the latest from your sewing space.  Let's party!

1.  You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post (not to your home page!) to make it easier for others.
3. Please remember to spread the word and post my button or a text link.  
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is not a requirement to link, but is so very appreciated!

*If you're new to the party, here's a helpful tip for linking up- select "Auto Crop"  when selecting your thumbnail photo.  For some reason, trying to crop your own image results in the dreaded "white question mark box," and we definitely want to see your awesome work!  :)



17 comments:

  1. OMGosh Kelly!! I LUV this Boho Beads!! I just pulled Xmas fabric for a holiday Baubles quilt...and now I want to rush that one so I can make a Boho Christmas one! Super groovy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the striking Boho beads against the dark background, Kelly - beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun quilt! A very "groovy" pattern as the would have said back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the Boho Beads! And I love how the fabrics pop on that dark background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new quilt pattern! The dark gray with the bright fabric looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, those are so like handing bead curtains! Great inspiration!! Beautiful use of fabrics on that grey Kona too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelly and thank you again for the party! Wow I love your Boho Beads! I think I need to take some vitamins because I feel that you create new fantastic patterns 'in a steady stream'! This is really fund and looks like those curtains! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great color schemes would work with your pattern!! I'd love to see one with a bright background (like purple).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally see those hanging beads with this quilt! You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like those gray backgrounds in quilt tops.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous design and the block pops on the grey fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love your new quilt/pattern. micki@2dogsstudio.us

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kelly. I love the boho beads. Wherecann i get the pattern.....quiltin4unme@gmail.com
    Thankyou D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really love the fabrics you used in this project. Just so bright and cheery against the dark background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pattern. I'm amazed at how creative you are and all the patterns you've been releasing lately.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the rich colors and prints in your Boho Beads. The pattern takes me back to the 60s and 70s for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! I read and appreciate every single comment, and I reply to each one as soon as I can. If you don't hear back from me, you might be a no-reply blogger. :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips